Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Heart of my Heart

I was feeling the romance as, just after Valentine's Day, I watched HEARTs form in the theme entries in Tuesday's Times puzzle. There was even a HEARTH in the midst of "richearthtones" which made me feel all warm and cozy on a chilly February morning.

And then ... and then ... came the explanatory theme entry: broken hearted! Awwwww, such a downer. And there I'd been thinking of love newly found in unexpected places. Darn. But at least these broken hearts have been mended, stitched together to make whole hearts once again. Or so I'd rather think of it anyway.

And, on the way home, thinking these thoughts, an old forgotten song came to mind ...

Heart of my heart,
I love that melody ...
Too bad we had to part.
I know a tear would glisten
If once more I could listen
To that gang that sang
Heart of my heart ...

No comments:

Post a Comment